confused yet construed.....!!!

Category: , , , , , , By Ritish Reddy
i got a call yesterday from ankit,a friend of mine.
he asked me 'dude why r'nt u blogging these days?.busy hogaya kya..?'
thn i was speechless for a splitsecond nd was speakin to myself..
'i got a blog right....nd i have been scribbling some crap over der for the past couple of months...do ppl remember that...?oh my god....!!!!my frnds are reading it and askin for new posts....'
thn i got back to the phone nd ankit was askin me again...
are u busy dez days....?
thn gave him sme petty excuses for not catching him online all dez days and had a conversation what he calls it the 'boyish things'.may be the telephone line caught sme cold tht rainy day there was subtle distrubance nd cross talk...which made us to end the conversation fast...

then i started questioning myself....was i busy all dez days....??
yup...i was damn busy.khana,peena,sone mei bahut busy hogaya....it was leading me nowhere..i had plenty of works to be done nd dhobis load of decisions to be made..i have been giving a pause to all dez for a while now...
ankit's call was like a lightning on an unprotected substation.....may be i have to ensure my self with the circuit breakers(yet another pj for guys who know me).

ankit got into sme management company called lehman brothers nd hez gotto packoff to us for his initial training programme nd hez pretty excited abt it...hz got a kewl package of around 10 lpa and has put his higher studies plans at hold...

most of my frds @ coll got into totally confused solutions i.e TCS or other software companies lyk accenture,cts etc.,nd are pretty much satisfied with tht job as thy say that its not the payscale tht matters them but the reputation of the company nd the experince they get down the line.maybe their theory says to wrk in a clerical job at microsoft rather thn a gm in a start up....apart frm their theories i'm was nt quite interested in this tecchie stuff nd desperately wanted to stay out of it....i was rather interested in a managerial job which suits my interest.arun got into one.he did an internship with itc foods nd got himself into niche job..with the same package of ankit...moreover arun could pretty well capitalise on his work exp whn he goes 4 an mba.

thn i started evaluating my options

my first option is
to try and get a managerial job.i have been hearing it on the grapevine abt companies such as goldmansachs,merryil lynch etc nd all the hifi mangament companies visiting vit in the near future....the word near in the above sentence has been tending to infinity with time..

my second option is
to work hard nd bell the cat this november itself which is quite an impossible task.
had a few personal bad experinces nd couldnt work on tht in the last 3-4 months.

my third option is
to go 4my masters.thn get sme international wrk experince nd exposure and go for an executive mba after tht...this option seems to take a quite a time but i feel its worth it.i hav spent one third of my life(assuming my life span as 60 yrs being non smoker nd non alcoholic) acheiving nothing....i dont want the rest to be same...
after ankits call i took time for myself and made it explicitly clear to my self that i would be doin my masters....
so started searchin for univs....getting hold of professors for their reccos...nd pursuing the administrative staff for the transcripts....nw i hav become busy ah....

the best part of this decision is i stay with my frnds naveen,dinesh,vijay,krishna nd kalayn with whome i had the best days of my life....call it happy days...they were better than tht....hope we get into the same univs...
 

3 comments so far.

  1. illustrated illusions October 23, 2007 at 11:52 AM
    hi ritish.......this is ankit chatopadhyaya.....i happened to read all u'r blogs right up here....i find it interesting but feel like inquiring.........
    to say about me....i am very much interested in this stuff called blogs and b4 starting one 4 myself,thought of learning and in the process happened to see yours.....
    wanna give and get suggestions from you.....will u come forward????
  2. Ritish Reddy October 23, 2007 at 7:13 PM
    @ankit
    hi ankit,
    first of all i would like to thank you for visiting my blog and spending ur precious time for posting your comments.
    the guy ankit about whome i mentioned in the blog is my friend who stays in pune and not u..:)
    regarding the blog you are most welcome to give me suggestions and i would be delighted to share the gyaan i have regarding the blogs with you..
  3. Ritish Reddy October 23, 2007 at 7:23 PM
    @ankit
    and moreover it is not necessary to create a fake profile for posting comments

Something to say?